Discover America Global Inspiration Guide
After an incredibly successful first year, Brand USA is enhancing the high-end Official Discover America Inspiration Guide. This language-specific print and online guide inspires travel by displaying the richness and variety of American experiences. Stunning photography and compelling copy are the hallmarks that draw readers in.
Due to demand, 550,000 print copies (a 40% increase) will be distributed in 16 international markets, beginning with ITB Berlin in March 2014. Markets include United Kingdom, Germany, France, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Japan, China, South Korea, India & Australia.
In addition to doubling circulation in China and creating an all-new French version, distribution in Scandinavia and northern Europe will be increased at prominent trade and consumer shows.
And because of the success of DiscoverAmerica.com, Brand USA will triple digital distribution of the Official Inspiration Guide to more than 30 million impressions. The digital version features actionable links to connect international consumers with participating destinations. To leverage this opportunity, consider an enhanced page to truly put the spotlight on your destination.
Consumers and travel industry reps around the world will receive the Official Inspiration Guide through a broad range of promotional activities:
- Brand USA pavilions at major international trade shows
- Prospective visitors at visa offices and U.S. embassies
- In-market promotional activities and events
- Major tour operator and travel agent partners in all countries
- Consumer newsstand distribution in the United Kingdom and Canada
- Downloadable on every page of DiscoverAmerica.com
- Calls-to-action in Brand USA’s multimillion-dollar digital ad campaigns
- Through tour operators, in customized versions with offers/packages included
- Via travel agencies, in customized versions with bookable product offerings
- Through Visit USA groups, via in-country email and digital channels
Through sponsored content like photo essays, the Official Inspiration Guide encourages readers to connect with your destination via online, mobile, email and social assets. There are no rate increases this year, making it simple for you to participate in ongoing programs and new features like:
- Customized content by country
- Family-themed section
- Country-specific “When You Go” section
- Deeper integration with DiscoverAmerica.com, including promotion of In-Country Language Content within the guide and embedded videos in the digital version
With the purchase of a Featured Photo Essay in the Official Inspiration Guide, you choose an essay style from available options. Required materials:
- Photos must be a minimum of 300dpi at final photo placement size
- Photos must be provided color-corrected and print-ready
- Photos should be experiential and include people when possible
- With each style option, allowances have been made for copy length regarding translations
- Each photo essay will include a URL to the destination’s website and a logo
- Logos must be submitted as eps files
To view inspiration guides click here:
For more information, please click here.